Spay and Neuter in Colorado Springs, CO
When you get your pet spayed or neutered you ensure they’ll live a longer, healthier life. A lack of pet spay and neuter carries significant drawbacks for you, your loyal companion and the overall animal population. Getting a female pet spayed before they reach sexual maturity frees them from stressful heat cycles. In males and females, urine spraying and marking is either reduced or eliminated from this surgery. Both dogs and cats can have numerous litters throughout a lifetime and when those litters are not spayed and neutered, thousands of animals are brought into the world. Pet spay and neuter reduces the need for animal shelters and gives pets an overall better quality of life. Call Animal Hospital of Colorado Springs at (719) 579-9488 to learn more!
Spaying and Neutering Gives Numerous Benefits
Your companion animal receives a myriad of medical and behavioral benefits when you get them spayed or neutered. The likelihood for certain cancers is either reduced or eliminated with pet spay and neuter. Roaming behavior, when your pet’s natural instinct tells them to wander far and wide searching for a mate, is also either reduced or eliminated. Other benefits include:
- Females are less likely to develop breast tumors, which are potentially deadly in many animals.
- Males are less likely to develop issues with their prostate gland.
- The chances for testicular cancer is eliminated in males.
- Less unwanted pregnancies and litters.
- Males are less likely to mount other animals, which can result in altercations.