The veterinary industry has been anxiously waiting, and finally our wish has come true! The team at the Animal Hospital of Colorado Springs is thrilled to announce the arrival of Bravecto, the first oral chew that delivers up to 12 weeks of flea and tick protection in a single dose. No more messy topical gels, no more wrestling with your dog to apply products to their backs…just easy, comfortable doses in a treat that your pet will actually enjoy eating! Best of all, it only has to be administered quarterly instead of months, allowing ongoing protection without the added risk.
What Bravecto Protects Against
Bravecto works to keep your dog protected! You can rest assured knowing that this product:
- Kills fleas
- Prevents flea infestations
- Kills ticks, including black-leg ticks, American dog ticks, and brown dog ticks for 12 weeks, and lone star ticks for 8 weeks
This product is recommended for dogs and puppies age 6 months of age or older, and weighing at least 5 pounds.
Who Should Use Bravecto?
We don’t know about you, but we’re excited to see an upgrade on the products we’ve been using to protect against fleas and ticks all these years. We recommend Bravecto for:
- Pet owners who often forget monthly applications. There’s less risk involved when only 4 applications are required yearly instead of 12!
- Pets who are not being protected because they will not accept topical treatments. Many pets are afraid of their topical applications because of the smell and feel.
- Pets who need a lot of baths or have a lot of adventures. If they are washed too soon after application of a topical preventative, it can lose its effectiveness. This eliminates that concern!
If you’re interested in trying this innovative new flea and tick preventative product, contact our team today and ask for Bravecto. We’ll be happy to answer your questions and get your pet started on a new form of protection.